Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Stress and Fear: PEACE, BE STILL


I tend to have anxiety when it comes to getting "everything" in order before a trip or when it comes to the household budget etc. I lie in bed this morning snoozing several times but just laying there awake praying asking the Lord to please help me with my tasks and my worries. I finally arose and woke the kids for school. After getting the kids to school 2 minutes late and spending my 75 cents on my morning Diet DP (big smile)...I come home to get on with my day. Of course I couldn't begin my work until I first checked my email and all my blog friends for news. I began reading my friend Ericka's past blog posts and it seemed so introspective and spiritually deep. As I sat there pondering,I was prompted to go to my scriptures.
I skimmed through the pages and openned to Mark chapter 4:37-41
"And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased,and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and sea obey him?
I know what manner of man is this--He is my Redeemer, my Savior, and I am so thankful this morning as tears stream down my cheeks for the loving and powerful answer to my prayers ..."Peace, be Still"

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

I needed to read this today honey.
I soo needed this!!!

Thanks "E".

DEB, I love you.

EO said...

Deb, that darned faith thing keeps coming up! Loved to read your heart today :)