Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

There is a 90 percent chance of rain in New Braunfels on Monday-- our long awaited 1st day of Schlitterbahn fun!! I'm having faith that we are in TEXAS and wait a minute and the weather will change! We bought Josh a fishing rod tonite. There is a pier off the back of the house we rented. I'll be back toward the end of the week with some fun blogging- I can't wait to go make some memories! (in spite of the weather!:)

sidenote:
umm-Just wanted to share something Jillian said that touched my heart. Dave and I were watching a movie- 'Blood Diamond'- Yes, it's rated R. anyways, it was about the tragic situation in Africa where there are rebels and war and diamond camps where people are like slaves. Anyhow- Jillian kept walking through the room and came in on a bad scene of horrible bloodshed and sadness- she was wanting to snuggle with me and was afraid. I tried to use the moment to teach her that horrible bad things do happen. I told her that there were evil people in the world that hurt others etc... Then, I expressed to her our blessing of being free and living in America and feeling safety and peace for the most part. She expressed that she wished they could have 'good police' like we do and that she wished they could all come here! Then, she went away and returned 5 minutes later. She said...Mommy, and she whispered in my ear..."Can we pray for those people?" I could only answer-- YES!! We Can! As she skipped away back down the hallway-- I had grateful tears and a heart full prayer for all those suffering horrible atrocities around the world. Let's all say a prayer like Jillian so sweetly suggested. "Rain, Rain go away! may those suffering find rest in Thee"

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

my sweet baby girl. Just like her momma with tons of compassion. (and her grandma Sylvia)
Have a great time honey in the BAHN! I pray for NO RAIN. Either way..I know the crowd your with...I'm sure it will be filled with great fuN!!
Love you!

Camily said...

That is so sweet, Deb! And it shows what a wonderful mom YOU are!!! Have a great trip-I hope the weather is perfect!