Thursday, August 28, 2008

VACATION SCHLITTERBAHN!


Yes we had an amazing 'Big Family' Vacation at "SlitterBomb"! (that's what Jillian calls it!) And NO, it wasn't 'WallyWorld' although that's what we joked when we arrived the first rainy morning. We were so excited that we'd have the whole park to ourselves because the drizzle was keeping everyone else away-- BUT WAIT-- the West Side (older river-fed side) was CLOSED!!! Dave started singing "Holiday Road" (theme song from the Chevy Chase movie Vacation) and I called Dave "Clark" for the rest of the trip!
but... Let me start from the very beginning so we can have a complete travel log for our memories! :)
We headed over to Flower Mound to join the caravan of the Boyd's and Miller's! We picked up two passengers--Casie and Kiera- Jordan called our car the 'ghetto van' as the Millers have a beautiful new 2008 suburban and the Boyds have a huge luxury full size fan (perfect for this type of excursion with a big family).

The girls were totally silent in the back playing Nintendo DS "nintendogs" and listening to their ipods. BUT Jillian and Josh--not so much-- They had a portable DVD player to share but could never decide on the right movie and didn't like one another looking or touching the other! Josh is the "how much longer? are we almost there?" questioner!

We stopped at the little "Czech Bakery" for Kolaches and other fattening baked goods! AND then we arrived at our Magnificient 'Sleeps 20 Rent House'!!! The kids were so excited to start exploring!

The first thing the guys did was to get into the shower together as to tease ME for taking a shower with Andrea while I was on my scrapbook retreat- (ok-we wanted to get out there and scrapbook-- so in order to save time- we got in together- we each had our own shower head located on opposite sides of the LARGE 5foot wide shower! I'll never live it down!)
LOL so... Here are the guys Making FUN!
Here is some video of the Girl's excited in their room and little tour of the house...

There was this cool dock/pier at the very back of the property. It was so much fun.
We fished in the river.
Here is Dad trying to teach Jor to cast. There were lots of fishing lines hooked in the trees.
Lots of goofin' off!
and happy faces
and lots of family bonding

We all headed back to the house for an evening of Laughter and Mayhem!

Tish made dinner the 1st night...Hawaiian Haystacks THEN...
As a special treat- Us Moms made complete fools of ourselves re-enacting a "Lollipop" dance that we had once done at Girls Camp in our teens! We pre-made props of foam lollipops complete with a picture of our hubby on the backside- we had pigtails with heart shaped pipe cleaners! Ohhh- I deliberated on blogging this as it is so -- well so blackmailish! I guess I'm blackmailing myself! LOL
Enjoy!
That spectacle was followed by each family doing a SKIT!! Each family brought a bag with 10 items inside. We had the youngest of each family come and pick out a bag then we separated for a 15 minute planning session and came back to perform our 'bag skits'!! This was a riot!
The Boyds did funny babysitting and dating skit-
We did a "Terrorist Training Camp" Skit- I was the prisoner!
Dave was calling the kids Saddam and Achmed, Each kid 'tortured me' with some prop from the bag- like Jillian had a stuffed animal dinosaur and she roared at me and then held up a cordless phone and said... "Wanna call your Mommy?" Then Josh tortured me by holding some plastic toy grapes over my mouth saying..."Are you hungry? Are you Starving?" etc... Then we sang the 'Barney' I love you-- You love me Song and called it our Terrorist Anthem! We had everybody rolling!
Then The Miller's cracked us up with their Skit-- Jeff pretended to be surfing the channels and the kids all acted out commercials and TV Shows-- This is the "Dr Phil" show with Amanda as the Dr. and Tish as a neurotic guest! LOL
Here are the girls doing some gangster dance!

Then we played a marathon game of "I NEVER"! AND the best was...
BLACK OUT HIDE AND SEEK! Pitch blackness in the house and adults and kids played hide and seek together! It was SO FUN! It was just hysterical to hear Shay (he was 'it' first) Yell out--"Olly Olly Oxen Free!" It was a Good Time for sure!
Everyone went to bed-- The boys had their own designated room
And the girls shared the big Master bedroom that had tons of beds in there. Prior to coming I had teased Dave that the adults were all gonna share the Master so we could "hang out" and goof off. Dave totally believed me and as time got closer and closer to come he was annoyed at the weirdness of sharing the Master with 2 other couples. I had to come clean and tell him we were getting our own room so that he would come on the trip.
Katana and her baby doll
More girls-- it was a full house of kids
I felt like I was living the "Baby Borrowers" because this sly teenage boy and...
This cute teenage girl on the right-- played pranks and tricks on us adults while we slept!!!

  • 1st night they Toilet Papered the stairwell.
  • 2nd night they placed duct tape as a trip line at the bottom of a door (Dawn & Shay's) lucky that Dave saw it in the night and removed it before they tripped out of their room! LOL
  • 3rd night they had intentions of duct taping a cellphone with an annoying nonstop ringing as an alarm clock under someones bed-- but they fell asleep and instead were woke up by it themselves. LOL
After we cleaned up the toilet paper and watched the WeatherForcast that predicted 90 percent chance of Thunderstorms for the day-- we opted to GO TO SCHLITTERBAHN...
There was lots of fun despite the fact for the 1st 1 hour 45 minutes we were freezing and miserable waiting to get on "THE DRAGON" ride-- right as our group was about to start the ride-- LIGHTNING!!! so everything was put on hold.
The following montage starts with Dawny waiting in line to buy every ones ticket by herself and everyone else looking gloomy because of the rain.


Here are more Hi-lites of the our Vacation that are notable--
  1. Deb took OUT the Lifegaurd-- I came down the "Cliffhanger" like a rocket and as the Lifeguard was helping little Jillian out I BIFFED HIM and he flew up into the air with his legs inverting!! Dave said it was a better "Hit" than he'd ever given in Football! (almost our entire group happened to be standing at the end so they watched the whole thing happen and couldn't stop laughing for 30 minutes afterwards-- especially Dave!)
  2. Deb made Josh fly off the "Black Knight" water coaster-- My legs bopped him up and he flew out of the tube into another lane. Then as I tried to get out of the tube my 'swimdress' was up my back-- AND... Josh informed me, "Mom, I don't think I want to ride with you anymore!" LOL
  3. Dawn's Salsa and Enchiladas!!! (2nd night Dinner!!!)


It was Waterpark FUN by Day and ROPE SWING FUN BY NIGHT!!!!-- it was crazy!

Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com




We had a BLAST right down to Mexican Train and Karoake on our finale night.
Even our drive home was fun-filled-- We stopped at the State Capitol in Austin! Dave loved it as he is such a History Buff!



Lastly, I want to Celebrate Mazzio's Pizza!!! This was our last stop where we ate lunch on the drive back to Big D.
Why Celebrate Mazzio's???? Because it's where it ALL BEGAN so many years ago!
Jeff & Tish and Dawn & Shay worked, met, and fell in love, got married, and had lots of kids! LOL Without Mazzio's Pizza -- perhaps we wouldn't have had such a wonderful Multi-Family Vacation!-- :) LOL

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Great job blogging Deb! We have some great memories! I'm so glad we could all go!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

oh my Lord girl! POWER BLOGGING! Took me 15 minutes to get through the slideshows, and video! LOL And..I had to refresh the page 2x to get my slideshows to work again! LOL OK..first: LOLLIPOP VIDEO. LOLLOLOLOLOLOL!! CRACKED ME UP! I'm so going to sing that when you call today! Was everyone cracking up?! That was over the top hysterical. And..the waterpark looked amazing girl! I want to go. I must say..I'm once again so jealous of your amazing little group of friends. Ya'll have so much fun together as a family and I love watching it. I can so see the memories being instilled in the kids' minds. What fun for them! I wanna go next time!!!!!

Lisa Allen said...

Ok, I went through these before I commented on the first post...I just went backwards because I had to re-check, yep this was a really packed post! Wowers! How fun to be able to go on a vacation like that! Those are memories those kids (and adults) will remember forever. Great job on taking pics,I totally felt like I was there...good job! L.