Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School!



The kids jumped out the bed this morning (no having to keep asking to get up)--they were excited and anxious for the 1st day at new schools. Both Jordan and Josh will be wearing Uniforms this year. As much as I dislike the 'forcing of one to wear something'-- I must admit, they looked sharp!
Here is Joshers!

He wore his brand new red checked Vans for the 1st time (out of the house-he's actually been wearing them around the house since he got them!) Thank You again Aunt Jennie and Uncle Mike for the New Shoes!!!
Here is pretty Jordan all-ready for 6th Grade and Middle School! She decided to show her style with her red polka-dot belt! She was really nervous!
And... her Awesome New Nike Shox that Uncle Mike and Aunt Jennie so generously got her! and Daisy's tail!
We loaded up and headed over to Josh's new school. We went to the 'porch party' on Friday and met his new teacher, Miss Matthews. He found out they had something in common. Josh and Miss Matthews both had "Mrs. Priske" as teachers. Apparently Miss Matthews went to the same Elementary School that Josh went to last year-- Josh thought that was pretty neat!
Bye Josh! have a great day! I love you!
We made a pit-stop at Neighborhood Wal-Mart to get some 'Hi-lighters' and came out with this cool Dry/Erase message board for Jordan's Locker! :) Oh! and notice Jordan SideBANGS! (she hasn't had bangs since she was 3!

As we drove up to her Middle School...She grabbed my arm and told me how nervous she was! I just encouraged her and told her what great time she would have especially in Choir- her favorite subject (1st period!) Inside-- I was so sad and nervous for her being nervous-- trying to do your locker combination and finding your way around-- ughhahhh! My little girl is growing up- I kept snapping pictures as she disappeared into the school!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Gotta love the 1st Day of School!

Breanna Luker said...

You are such a great mom. I love you and your dang cute kids!

EO said...

Oh how exciting, I loved the first day of school. But I was so nervous for Jordan just reading this. She's such a cutie, I hope no boys notice her though :) For that matter, you might have a problem with that Josh too!

Lisa Allen said...

Yep your kids are definately potential heartbreakers, thats for sure! I remember 6th grade...going from the top of the heap in elementary school to low man on totem pole in middle school. She is going to have an amazing year, just gotta get past this first week... love the polka dots and the nikes. I wear shocks myself.