Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Panthers! Win 19-0!!!!


Our game was moved up from 12:30 to 9:30AM this mornin'! We woke up to watch the weather channel about all the Hurricane Ike devastation and wondered if our game was actually going to take place! Here in Dallas the wind was blowing and there was intermittent rain but we headed out to the Football fields despite the weather!
KICK OFF!
Josh is now on 'Starting Offense'!
Here he is riding the pine during defense time! :) #86!
Jillian was all smiles! She loves umbrella weather!
And she LOVES being a CHEERLEADER! She told Josh that she hopes he doesn't mind but that she is his official sister cheerleader! Josh just rolled his eyes and said, "whatever"
Here is Josh with his buddy/team-mate TJ! One great thing about playing football this year is that Josh has some 'instant new friends' at his new elementary school! Everyday when I pick Josh up from school, TJ comes to the van window and says...BYE JOSH! See ya at Practice!
I think their smirks are so cute! They were so pumped and happy about winning!
AND...Daddy couldn't be prouder!! He was amazed at the progress and toughness of Josh during this game! On the opposing team-- the other #86 was about a foot and a half taller than Josh--and JOSH SHUT HIM DOWN!! He was a blocking machine!
Dave calls him... "THE GREAT WALL OF GARLAND!"
Stud Josh! or Hurricane Josh! :)

Here is some cheerleader footage from Jillian...some cheers are made up straight from her little creative almost 5 year old mind!! so funny!



9 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

oh my LORD DEB! I hate to rob Josh of his glory here..but JILLY GIRL IS CRACKING ME UP! That has got to be the cutest video EVER OF HER!! It's utterly adorable!! I would be calling the inlaw's and preparing them for this cutie bug!
WTG JOSH! So it sounds like this FB thing is really growing on him. Glad to hear PROUD PAPPA was pleased! LOL TJ is so cute!
I'm proud of you JOSHERS! KEEP IT MOVING AND FIRE IT UP!
Love, Aunty Aner.

Andrea "The H family" said...

P.S. I have on idea what FIRE IT UP MEANS..but I made that cheer up like Jilly!

Penny said...

Josh you ROCK. HIT-EM-HARD....GET PUMPED....TALK TRASH...OH sorry I just got carried away for a moment there. But I have to tell you a funny story. When My Josh was about the same age the Coach caught the players talking trash on the scramage line so he carried a safety pin in his pocket and when he found out who was doing all the trash talk stabled that kid in the bottom with the pin. I hated that coach but Josh will tell he was his favorite coach EVER.
Jilly is Cheerleader material for sure.

Penny said...

Sometime when you can show Jilly Andrea's Cheerleader moment. It's on my blog back last August or Sept when we went to Arkansas to see Josh.

EO said...

Oh my goodness gracious adorable Jillian! That was hysterical! Umm yeah, I'm guessing she's not real shy??

Don't you love football season?? And way to go Josh!

I'm so with Penny though, we have got to find Andrea's cheerleader moment from last year... it really needs to be moved to the top of the blog. Somebody please find this.

The Waters Family said...

I couldn't find her moment because with Penny's new blog layout-- the history of all the blog entries isn't listed on the sidebar anymore--
SO-- Penny please find it for us!

Penny said...

I'll look for the video of Cheerleader Aner as soon as I can and re-post it. What time of Josh's game this week. I hope it is before 2:00 PM. If it is I'm coming to the game this week.

The Waters Family said...

OH dangit- It is a 5pm! They are playing the "Sharks"

Andrea "The H family" said...

BUSTED LADIES! I saw Mom's post.
YES! I WAS HOT. I know it.
Just talk trash and smack all you want! At least I got my hip rotation down. NO one can match this.