Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jordan's 5th Grade Graduation

Our baby girl is a BIG Middle Schooler now!!!

She is 5'3" and is just a beautiful sweet young woman! I am going to relish these last years of childhood with her- I can't believe the time is passing so quickly!
We are so proud of Jordan!
What a day! An emotional proud wonderful morning as I watched Jordan procede with all her classmates into the cafeteria to the tune of "Pomp and Circumstance"! At first I chuckled to myself as the song began because--IT'S ONLY 5TH GRADE--NOT REAL Graduation--but then the reality set in that she is finishing an era of her education- those elementary years are over and she is commencing on a whole new world----MIDDLE SCHOOL- Now I am shuttering and scared for her to be in that realm of 'bad influences' that we sometimes associate with those Middle School years.
The following video is the highlights of her graduation ceremony-- a portion of the fun slideshow is the 5th grader's baby picture followed by a current picture!! Jordan had THE BEST pics -- thanks to Aunt Aner and her fabulous photography!!



Well, there was a problem with the yearbooks' printing and weren't going to be available til after school was OVER -- SO, We took lots of pics at the Graduation Reception for Jordan's memories...
We went to Hawaiian Falls Waterpark with lots of other 5th graders- We took Josh out of class and his teacher said..."Well, We are doing LONG DIVISION WITH REMAINDERS!" AS IF-- It's like the last day of school! C'mon!! LOL Well, second to the last day-- 5th graders didn't return but I took Josh for one last day-- so-- FYI-- We are ALL FRIED from all the waterpark fun!! We have gone through an entire bottle of aloe vera gel in a matter of 15 hours!! Nonetheless it was a wonderful fun-filled day!

In the previous post, I mentioned that Jordan auditioned for a spot on the waiting list for the Art Magnet Middle School-- She has already been accepted to ANOTHER Magnet Middle School which is the "classical center" where you can study latin and piano etc but she was hoping to go to this other Magnet because of the Choir there--BUT both schools are excellent so whatever happens will be great!

3 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

oh honey! Jor Jor will cherish these slideshows and video. I wished we could go back in time and see our friends pics and fun.
NOONOOOO!! It's not fair. She is getting big Deb. She's a BIG GIRL NOW. I'm shuttering with you though. I'm freaked about her going into Teenhood. PRAYING!!
Love the update. Jordan's pic was so cute. Loved the tall picture you picked of her. Her baby picture was so cute.
Love you JOR JOR!! AUNTY ANER LOVES YOU!!

Krista said...

I know you must be so proud! What a cool moment for you. And so cool about the magnet school!! O.K. I will see you on Monday or Tues. Have to work out details later!!

Oh, and be glad she couldn't be friends with me in 8th grade!! I was a HORRIBLE influence - so watch out for kids like me and don't let her be friends with them!!

Jordan is a big girl and she is beautiful!! Oh, and I'm 5'3 on a tall day - so not fair!! Love you!kk

EO said...

Deb, I totally left a comment yesterday and then blogger errored out on me! I got so frustrated I didn't repost it.

I just think Jordan is so smart and talented. I really hope and pray that she gets into the school of her choice! But as you said, whichever one will be great. You must be so proud of her!