Thursday, June 12, 2008

Days 1 & 2 & 3!

It's been pretty good these first days- only a few issues-- 1st issue is that I was all pumped to do this cool series of 'babysitting adventures' and I left my dang camera cord at home! Now I have all this cute footage of kids swimmin' and jumpin' on the trampoline and snapshots from the kids playing house- they were pretending to go to Spain! They gave each other new hairdo's and I took pics of that etc... SO, Until Dave gets here Friday night there will be no fun pics! Oh well--

Day 1: Easy hanging out-- Kids got along and played all day-- the only thing is Jordan and Casie led me to believe that Tish allowed them to 'bike ride to the Fina Station' all the time-- So, I was suckered into letting them go. When Tish called from Chicago (layover there), I inquired about that and her and Jeff immediately started laughing and informed me that "THEY ARE ALREADY PLAYING YOU!" Well, I just won't be played!! They did some dirty clean-up chores--Backyard dog dootie detail! We ate dinner, kids played 'HORSE' basketball game, got all kiddos bathed-- what a loooonnnnnggggg task that is! and finally went to bed at 11:00PM!

Day 2: Dawn called and invited us to go to "GOING BONKERS"! it's like this Discovery Zone type play place- 3 stories of climbing towers, slides, zip lines air conditioned fun! Daisy had too many peepee mishaps so she became an outside doggie-- kids swam and swam. I made my favorite Rachel Ray Potatoe dish and baked some chicken. I had a major headache-probly cause I haven't been getting my Quik-Trip Diet DP fixes like I usually do-- SO, I took 4 ibuprofen and went to bed-- THEN----The night-time late late movie watching, webkinz playin', giggling fun began-- I was too tired to get up and enforce bedtime so I think everyone konked out by 2AM! LOL

Day 3: It was a BIG CHORE DAY! For some reason the big girls (Casie & Jordan) think they can't begin their chores until AFTER the little girls have finished theirs-- They like to vaccum and the little ones pick up shoes etc... Anyhow-- it was MAYHEM!!! There was a big mishap with the Kitty Litter-- The little 7 year old is in charge of changing the kitty litter- she was trying to take it out and the trash bag busted on the stairway! Of course-- she is so smart and didn't want to bother anyone- she tried to solve her problem on her own by getting another trash bag and double bagging it but it was too heavy for her so she came to me after all that nasty yucky kitty litter was strewn and leaked down the stairs! A BIG MESS INDEED! aughhhh! Well, it's all cleaned up now-- it was a bad morning.
This afternoon-- we mostly hung out at home and played together!
Now, I have witnessed a lot of sweet sisterly compassion and consideration from Tish and Jeff's girls-- as well as Casie is a tremendous helper. She is very capable and willing to help me or any of the kids or animals!
We played "Categories" in the pool-- this is a game where one person is "IT"! He or She picks a category like.... "Disney Princesses" or "Body Organs" or "Colors" or "Animals found on a Farm"-then the players all pick one out of the that category--for example
Jordan is IT- Category: Disney Princesses
Debbie: Pocahontas
Casie: Sleeping Beauty aka Aurora
Josh: Belle (LOL)
Team: Cinderella
If Jordan called out your princess then you have to carefully sneakfully swim across the pool with out being tagged by her-and if she called out Cinderella which was the 'team' one then we all had to try and swim across at the same time while we tried to avoid getting tagged by Jordan.
SO-- It's a funtime! I feel like I'm just playing with my kids like Tish and I used to play-- it's a 2nd childhood for me in a way when I just "play" and not worry about the real world of bills and responsibility!

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh my Lord girl ! What a huge task!!! So fun about the text messaging! I'm jealous!! If it were me and you..we'd be video taping it on the low down! LOL
I'm baby sitting momma over here. Wished we could come visit!!