

The kids really would love to be entertained with all these exciting activities everyday of the summer. The reality is that we are just homebodies most of the time. Dave and I had a talk with the kids about "using their imagination" or playing outside like we did when we were kids. I suggested playing "house" or "school". I remember lining up all my babydolls and stuffed animals for roll call. LOL Anyhow--apparently, "Our Family" is THE MOST BORING FAMILY that ever was! Well that was Last night...
TODAY I'm pleased to say that Josh and Jill are entertaining themselves without fighting--they are playing indoors with the water gun! (It's raining and thundering right now so indoors is ok). Jordan has got her "U GO GRL" Trading Cards out and is re-organizing them and re-reading all the fun ideas.(Thanks Aunt Aner for the cards) We had fun this morning at Vacation Bible School. Josh is singing a cute song about Zacchaeus up in a Sycamore Tree... "Clap your Hands Joyfully, Whose that in the Sycamore Tree....Zacchaeus...COME ON DOWN, You were Lost but Now Your Found!!" There is a great spirit in our home today. No contention or fighting.
3 comments:
Hey D! Oh how fun "house" and "school" were. Might I suggest a few of my old favorites?
"Furniture store" -- this is great fun. Have your daughter put price tags on all the furniture in the house, and someone else has to be the customer. So fun!
"Barber shop" -- give your child haircutting scissors or electric razor and have them cut your hair
Ok, just kidding about that last one! DON'T DO THAT!
BARBER SHOP! LOL glad you were kidding--(still laughing) maybe we could do Beauty Shop where we could give pedicures and put rollers in our hair.
Deb, wouldn't Ericka make the best mother? I so think she would be the BEST MOMMA!
I SPOT UGOGRL CARDS???!!
Tell JOR JOR got a new box for her.
(goes with Joshers gift)
**and one for Jilly!
Post a Comment