Friday, June 22, 2007

Jordan & Mom's Missionary Experience


The Missionaries called and asked Jordan and I if we would come with them to help teach a mother and daughter who were investigating our church. The young girl is 11 and Jordan had met her on Sunday. Well, we went to their home and together with the missionaries... we read scriptures about Faith and about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We talked about the Power of Prayer and the importance of reading our scriptures to stay close to our Father in Heaven. It was a really nice opportunity for Jordan and I. After we left their home, I asked Jordan about what she thought. We talked about how nice "Sierra" was. Jordan said, "I could feel the spirit so strong, I wanted to cry." As a mother, I am so grateful that my daughter KNOWS what the spirit feels like-- That she knows how to recognize that feeling. Feeling so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the Holy Spirit that testifies to us truth and gives us peace and guides us along!

3 comments:

EO said...

Wow! That's amazing Debbie!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh honey...our baby is annointed!

She's my pretty girl. I love her so.

GLORY TO GOD!

Bob Haire said...

It was great to hear about your experience working with the missionaries... its so nice to learn more about the Saviour and to see others accept Him. Back in His day when a he told the people that he was the Bread of Life, the scripture says that after that many of his former followers left Him. He turned to his Apostles and asked, "Will you leave me also?" Peter replied,"Lord to Whom would we go?" Lots of Love, Grandaddy.