Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day thoughts

I am the luckiest mommy ever- I sat in church this morning with my 9 year old boy bear hugging me and leaning against my side during the service. I have been showered with beautiful artwork and hand prints and I even was surprised with a 'wallet' (I've really wanted one for awhile)-- I am blessed to have extended family! Andrea and her mother and grandmother and stepmother invited me to be a part of their Mother's day girls day out celebration! I was so spoiled and pampered and humbled and loved this Mother's Day. I was able to visit my sweet Aunt Connie today-- Then I visited my Mother's grave. We washed her headstone plaque and shined it up and placed yellow flowers in the vase. We looked at a photo album of pictures from the 'Bridal Shower' given to me by Penny and Andrea. There were group pictures of my mother, grandmother, great grandmother and me (skinny me LOL). There were funny pictures of 'Ma' wrapped in toilet paper as the Toilet Paper Bride! I was telling the kids funny stories and remembering! It made them more REAL for the kids. Then we visited "Ma", my grandmother (mom's mom) in another section of the same cemetery and did the same but gave her some pink flowers! Then we went to another cemetery and searched and searched and finally found Mamaw and Papaw and Uncle James. It was celebratory as I approached Mamaw's grave-- See... We had been canvassing the huge cemetery searching for awhile when Dave and the kids called out to me--- "Deb, She's HERE!" Tears stream down my face even now-- As I walked over-- I had a conversation with my Mamaw-- I so miss the mother's of my life-- BUT I have been so immensely blessed and feel such thankfulness to the Lord for giving me these strong loving women that helped me grow and guided me into the paths of righteousness. I so love being a MOTHER! I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi honey---so touching to read this. Me/mom were talking about the most amazing day yesterday. We love you so much.
big hugs--p.s. I told mom that I believe your mom is whewing people around us to give you gift certificates up there from Heaven. (seriously) GOD is good. She's up there girl..watching over you.

EO said...

Wow Deb, beautiful and emotional post. So glad you have so many people around you that love you, even as your "moms" cannot be here with you. You are very loved!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Penny said...

Love you Deb. This was the best Mother's Day. Your Mom's are watching over you for sure.

Krista said...

Wow. You wrote that so beautifully that I felt like I was with you the entire day. I know you have had a tough road. God has blessed you with some wonderful gifts.