For weeks our home has been filled with coughing and runny noses!
BUT starting this Sunday... Sore throats have been added to the mix-- and Diarrhea--- and Fever!!! All symptoms are not found in all family members but it seems everyone has ailments!!Monday: Josh missed school! Dave came home from work that evening feeling awful (looking like he felt horrible) and just SLEPT from 5:45PM til morning.
Tuesday: I was working at Mothers' Day out-- It was nap time and I was literally sitting on the ground with 7 toddler babies laying on mats surrounding me. I was trying to pat their backs and coax them into "napping"! LOL Anyhow, my cellphone rang and it was my friend Misty who volunteers up at our kids' school during lunch. She explained that Jordan was there in the lunchroom and that she felt her head and it felt warm and overall, Jordan was not feeling good! I asked to speak to Jordan and she was on the brink of tears. SO, I apologized to my co-worker to leave her with all the babies and went straight up to her school to get her. On the drive home, Jordan explained how when she walked into the lunchroom--the SMELL (from the fried fish on the menu) overwhelmed her & added to her feeling so sick. She said that she saw "Sister" Larson (Misty my friend from church) and wished that she could tell her how badly she felt because she knew that Misty had my phone #--BUT there is another lady who also works in the lunchroom who is assigned to 5th grade who "watches us like a hawk" (per Jordan) And she was afraid if she raised her hand then that other lady would come to her! SO... this part makes me so thankful and teary eyed---- Jordan said a prayer to Heavenly Father to please let her talk to Sister Larsen. Jordan SAID--right after her prayer, Sister Larson came over and greeted her, saying-"Hi Jordan! How's it going today?" These small moments of realization that the Lord answers our prayers are so powerful. I am grateful that my 10 year old has these moments so that her own Faith can grow! Then I felt so grateful also that my friend Misty was living her life in such away that she was receptive to the Spirit so she could be there to help my daughter! Well Tuesday night Dave kept all 3 kids and was in charge of the bathing and homework while I had an obligation up at church-"Enrichment Night"! SO now on to...
Wednesday: Jillian tossed and turned all thru the night and woke me around 5AM asking for water. She has a 101 fever and bad cough. POOR BABY! Today is her BIRTHDAY!! She doesn't even realize it. We are actually celebrating it Friday! I sure hope she is better and is able to go ahead with her Slumber party! She has invited 2 friends! SO, Jordan and Jillian are both home with me-- I had to call in to work and tell them I wouldn't be there! I feel awful about that because today is the BUSY day at Mother's Day Out!
OH--and for all of you wondering about my progress on weight watchers... I GAINED 1 POUND! Totally disappointed but it has been very difficult to stay on core because I honestly don't have a variety of groceries--- Eggs and grapes and shredded wheat have been my diet but toward the end of last week -- I didn't do well-let's just say! BUT it's a new week and I am trying! Prayer is needed and appreciated!

3 comments:
Oh Deb, that made my eyes water... Jordan's prayer to talk to Sister Larsen... He is so good and faithful to answer that prayer :).
Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
I hope everyone feels better soon, I will be praying for that and for your dieting, you know Penny told me one time,"if you mess up or don't do so well one meal, don't worry just do better the next meal, don't blow the whole week. I know the grocery frustration but you really have to make the white chicken chili recipe...it is so good, easy and cheap and everyone will love it. Aner has the recipe. If you can go to the store every 3 or 4 days to keep some fresh stuff on hand. You are doing so good, keep thinking ahead to your skinny little self riding those rides at Disney!!! I have faith in you.
Praying honey---praying!
Post a Comment