Saturday, September 29, 2007

Jordan's 1st Choir Performance!

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!!!
We were so amazed by the beautiful music we heard sung by such talented fifth graders!
All the girls wore dark green ankle length dresses with black shoes. Boys wore tuxedo shirts with matching bow ties and cumberbunds. They were striking! Jordan and most the girls expressed disgust upon first receiving the "plain" dresses. I think they all looked so classic and professional.
They sung 4 songs....1st "O Music" 2nd "A la Puerta del Cielo" (a lullaby sounding song in spanish" 3rd "The Artist Teaches Us All" (made both Dave and I fight back the tears) and lastly 4th "Liza" (a fun Jamaican folk song with lots of snapping fingers and clapping hands--so fun!)

The audience was asked not to take flash pictures during the performance. The Choir stayed in position after their concert and look at the "PARENT PAPPARAZZI!" It was wild trying to get pics! LOL
Proud Daddy was the 1st one standing and clapping, starting the standing ovation!! Jordan said, (with a beaming smile on her face) "I saw you Daddy stand up and cheer!" Then Jillian said, "Well, I coughed!!" LOL (she has been fighting getting over ear infection and cold stuff) Josh told Jordan, "WOW--Y'all actually really sang GOOD!" He kept going on and on-during the ride home about how impressed he was!

I taped the performance on my camcorder but am not sure about how to upload it and create video footage to share. I wish all our family and friends could have heard the harmonies and the seen the shining sweet faces-- It was really a wonderful time. The best part is that Jordan said as we pulled up to our house at the end of the night--"I LOVE being in the Choir!" Grateful she has this opportunity!

6 comments:

EO said...

LOL "Parent Papparazzi", that's so funny.

That brings back 5th and 6th grade memories. I was in our choir and we were a huge hit at Christmas, doing "Jingle Bells through the ages"... we had an Elvis Jingle Bells, a Russian one, and many more! Good times...

The Waters Family said...

Jingle Bells through the ages sounds like a blast! LOL

Andrea "The H family" said...

YOU BLOGGED!@!!!!
She's my cutie pie and I actually felt like I was there!

Andrea "The H family" said...

I love Josh! HE just says it as it is!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Download onto onetruemedia.com
honey.

That would be so great to see it!

Bob Haire said...

Tell Jordan I wish I could have been there! Deb, thanks for keeping us up to date on your blog.xoxoxoDad