But today I'm...
Tired
Moody
Crampy
Feeling old
Teary Eyed
Thinking I have "Perimenopause"
Thinking I have low testosterone
Thinking I have hypothyroidism
(I took some hormone quizzes on a OBGYN website which diagnosed me of these things-- I scored bigtime points indicating that all these things are "VERY LIKELY"!
THEN... In the back of my head I remember a symptom of my mother's cancer was Hypothyroidism! So, now I'm searching the internet reading about Adrenocortical Carcinoma and pretty much how deadly it is and sure enough-- a symptom of it is the hypothyroidism-- WHICH according to the dang quiz I just took-- I think I have!
SO... I grieve-- I'm sad--- I'm worried about myself. It's not PMS because this Perimenopausal crap is all the time feelings and symptoms!
Happy Birthday to me-- I bought 2 books for myself at Half Price this afternoon--


Well-- I just got a hot flash! I'm not kidding-- I have this white desktop fan that I've had for 15 years-- My parents got it for my dorm room-- And now it's on HIGH blowing at me!
I guess I should go to the doctor--
sorry for the downer blog! I think I'm seriously HORMONAL!! afterall--I'm 38 today!
6 comments:
Well some blood tests can tell you a lot. Mine show that I have low thryroid function too and when I asked the doc about why or what causes it he just said it could be any of 40-50 things... toxins in our environment. So it doesn't necessarily have to be something as serious as cancer. Fortunately, they have been treating it for over 100 years. You take this pill twice a day called Armour Thyroid. It is a natural hormone replacement made from porcine source. The other thing that works in conjunction with this (it is estimated that 1 out of four overweight Americans have it) is Metabolic Syndrome or Insulin Resistance. Its where the pancreas creates sufficient amounts of insulin but the cell receptors don't work well. I will send you an e about it. Love Dad xoxoxox
Girl, this is NOT how you should feel on your birthday!! However, it is probably smart to get tests for things that run in your family. I know I will have to watch out for things as well. I'm sorry you are feeling so not like the special, young, beautiful birthday girl that you are! But know that you are just one of the kindest sweetest persons I have ever met. I would take you with PMS (or Permimenopause?) over a lot of people without PMS anyday!!
We talked!! DID YOU MAKE THAT APPT!
i found you and added you to my blog list, so you can add me on here too :)
Sorry, didn't make it to check the blog on your birthday. What is going on with you? Have you been to the doctor yet?
Alright Deb, clearly we all need an update! Or do we need to do an intervention? : )
I need your address. I have a goodie for you. Do you have my email? It's camilyteed(at)aol(dot)com. Email me!
Love you!
Post a Comment