Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Sweet Friend Misty

I lost my sweet friend to cancer of the esophogus today. She's been fighting it since August when she was diagnosed after not being able to take any food or drink in. She has left behind a husband, a 7th grade daughter, a 5th grade daughter, and a little 1st grade son. I sit here with this lump in my throat and wet eyes as I grieve for them all. Misty wanted to live. She will be desperately missed until we all meet again!

This is Misty and her oldest daughter when we were on a choir field trip with our girls at Sandy Lake Park in 2007
Misty hated this picture-- we are at a surpise party and she's hugging the guest of honor.

This was a great day-- Misty with David and Jessica Miller, the day they went to the Temple!

Here is Misty 'in blue shirt' with the 'choir'-- we were at Sandy Lake Park again but this time 2008 when she went with her middle daughter. She is the "fun" mom!


I used to hang out at Misty's house everyday after school and wait for my kids to walk down to her house rather than fighting the after school pick up frenzy :)-- we became fast friends. She is down to earth and has a hilarious sense of humor. She is an awesome cook. One time we went to an Asian Grocery Store to get this 'special ingredient'-- I was such a wimp as I couldn't handle the smell of the place-- we were laughing and acting so crazy in the market. I could really be my complete self around her! It wasn't just a "surface" friendship-- We had long conversations about LIFE-- about our experiences and what we have learned so far! We were expert bargain shoppers together. But... we always shopped for our kids- never ourselves. AND... Our girls get along so well-- her oldest and Jordan and another couple of girls from church call themselves "The 4 Musketeers!"

I LOVE my friend Misty! I grieve for her family as I know the sadness of losing the mother who you love. Til we meet again-- I will do all I can to lift up her sweet children -- Please pray for The Larson Family!

5 comments:

Camily said...

Oh, Deb. I'll pray for that sweet family--I'm so thankful she was in your life and that you have such good memories.

EO said...

Ohhh Debbie. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. She sounds like an amazing person. I will definitely say a prayer for this family tonight. So so sorry.

Krista said...

Debbie, I'm so sorry for your loss and the loss of this family. My heart goes out to them and you. She sounds amazing! You are so blessed to have a friend like her.

Penny said...

So sad for the loss of their Mom for these kids. Got the update on this family from Aner. So very sad. Prayers go out for them. And for you Deb. I know it is hard for you to see these kids have to go through this. You of all people can relate to the loss of a Mom. Love You sweetie.

Bob Haire said...

Just got up and its General Conference Sunday and I was so sorry to see your story about your friend's passing at such a young age... we never know. I'm glad you have such a great friend and that friendships continue beyond the veil. Read through Alma 7:11-14
We will say a prayer for you and her family. Lots of love.