Sunday, March 30, 2008

Meet Our "Daisy"


Forever and a day our kids have wanted a pet! For one reason (my allergies) or another (tattered fence) we just never have taken the plunge and got a pet. A co-worker of Dave's has been trying to coax him into taking a little dachshund puppy. Well, Dave grew up with Dachshunds as his mom has owned several- "Izzy" and "Otto" are the ones I remember. SO, because our little ones are so fond of dogs and the opportunity presented itself... We GOT DAISY!! She is precious and sweet! We got her a crate and a little collar with "daisies" on it! We have shopped PetSmart and PETCo and Target and Online for all the fun doggie gadgets! (expensive!! :)!) The kids are ECSTATIC! For 48 hours there was no other talk than.. "WHEN are WE getting DAISY?"
By the way-- She is 9 weeks old 'Silver Dapple Dachshund'--
Here is our first meeting!

8 comments:

Penny said...

Buddy and Daisy sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes LOVE
Than comes Marriage
Here comes Buddy and Daisy with a Baby Carriage.
Just Kidding. What do you think of an OLDER MAN for Daisy. There would only be a 70 year age difference in Doggie Years. I'm so excited you got a dog. The kids are going to love Daisy. She is so cute.

Lisa Allen said...

Ok I am officially in L.O.V.E. oh my goodness what a sweetie pie!!! You are going to have so much fun with her...I am dog lover obviously, but what memories you and your family will have with a pup.

AAA said...

Ohhh, how sweet! I wish my hubby woudl allow a dog. She is gorgeous! I am sure the kids will enjoy her! If they have any more they want to part with let me know. I may have to just go against the grain! LOL

EO said...

DAISY!!

She's precious! How exciting for your family! Ohhh, I just love them when they are puppies like that, they just love to crawl all over you like monkeys and kiss your face :-)

SO FUN for you guys, can't wait to see lots of blogs about DAISY!

Krista said...

OMG! She is beautiful - Jordan that is. The dog is very cute though. Jordan is quite the fashion statement. Lookout boys!! I'm so jealous that you have a dog now. I've wanted a dog for sooo long! Maybe when Abby gets to be Jilly's age we can do that. I don't think I have time right now.

EO said...

I think she might have the fastest tail in the land!

Seriously, did you look at how fast her tail wags?? LOL!

Andrea "The H family" said...

I'm here, I'm here! I saw the video of the new baby DAISY! Love her. She's very splotchy! She's so cute and the kiddo's love her. How's your flare up's going?
THE POTTY TRAINING??

lOVE YOU---
LET'S TALK TONIGHT

Twinkles and Bellow said...

does Daisy Have silver on her back?