
Dave and I just returned from Heber, Utah... -5 degrees back to TX 83 degrees! It was a premier trip of a lifetime filled with rich friendship, amazing adrenaline, and lots of R & R! It was perfect in every way! I so want this memory to be vivid in my mind for years to come so this is fair warning of a lengthy detailed blog entry! :)
After dropping my kids to their various babysitters- We headed out to our dear friends...
Tish & Jeff
so that we could carpool together in a big van to the airport! We were giddy excited and started off the trip by eating some good BBQ in the airport! (food was an important part of our enjoyment on this trip!) We all watched a movie on a portable DVD player during our flight to Salt Lake City. Dave and I watched "300" and Dave kept yelling "SPARTANS" in a funny accent for the entire trip! LOL It was a beautiful scene of breathtaking snowcapped mountains as we arrived at our destination! Our first little hiccup was that the rental car agency did not have the "Suburban" we had reserved-- they offered us an Escalade or MiniVan-- We reluctantly chose the Escalade... Here is a slideshow of our little crisis!...
So we drive to this "to die for" Restaraunt... It met all expectations as for months we were told how wonderful the steaks were! You order your steak and then the sides are served family style! It was a feast and it was worth every penny!
OH and can't forget that the valet guy was laughing at us as we had to unload luggage in order to unload ourselves! While we waited for our reservation time-- Tish was able to fanagle a deal with another rental car agency and get us a real Suburban!! So, our first crisis was solved!!Our next task before we nestled into our cabin up in the foothills of the Uinta Mountains was grocery shopping! That was fun-- Jeff and I got into a snowball war in the parking lot! We just bought TONS of JUNK FOOD...
CABIN FUNOur first night we had a blast and acted like kids-- Tish and Jeff had played jokes on all of us by putting gag gifts in our luggage-- You'll have to ask me personally what they were as I can't blog about them! LOL We watched a dumb but scary movie called "Penny Dreadful" and played around! ALSO- Dave and I were told that for "initiation" we had to go out into the snow an make a butt print with a bare butt! Sorry no pictures of THAT!! (And I was barefoot! It was freezing!)
SNOW FUN
Dave took it upon himself to be the "maintenance man" of the snowmobiles. He woke up bright and early to go out and fill them with gas and oil each day! He was like a child at Christmas!

Jeff had the biggest most powerful machine--He was so fun to watch--
Dave and Jeff exuded invincibility!
On the downside, Jeff suffered from Altitude Asthma!
Dave and Jeff exuded invincibility!
On the downside, Jeff suffered from Altitude Asthma!
Here is Shay cruisin' along--he was the most conservative and protective guy in our group!
Us girls relied on him up in the mountain!

Here are some fun pics...
We made some wonderful memories-- We are so blessed to have such true friends!










3 comments:
Oh my Gosh DEB!! I can't believe these pictures. They are amazing!
The cabin was gorgeous. I'm jealous of the fun you had. So fuN!! Bean bag jumping! Playing jokes on one another. How fuN!! It looks like ya'll had a blast. I can't wait to hear about it in person. I want to go on the next trip with ya'll! SO FUN!!
WOW--and your dad came! That's so cool. You were close to him and I didn't realize it. Did he get to snowmobile?
Call me! I can't wait to hear about this!
P.S. I had to keep refreshing because your slide shows would stop and I didn't want to miss any pictures.
The snow is so pretty. You and Dave look so happy. A much needed time away from the kiddos. You deserved it honey. Can't wait to hear about the stuff you can't blog about. I can only imagine!!!
OMG Debbie! That just looks so amazing. We so need a trip like that. You guys deserve it! As the longest marrieds in the bunch. What wonderful memories....Beautiful - all the way around!
Post a Comment