Friday, November 30, 2007

Grandaddy's Birthday!

This is my Dad! Today is his birthday. I have to say-- The Lord couldn't have blessed me more then by sending me to be his daughter! He is such a man of character and values. He is hard working and intelligent! He has a dry witty sense of humor! My Dad is a man of many talents-- he can fix things, recall facts from history, and make people feel at ease with his gentle nature. I have so many happy memories of him in my childhood! I always felt so secure and content. I love him so! I wish that he and I could have gone to "El Fenix" today for lunch to celebrate his birthday! BUT instead...across the miles--the kids and I called to sing "Happy Birthday"! We miss "Grandaddy" so much-- not just today -- I just grieve as my Dad is such an awesome loving man and my children don't get to experience him as I know him as our time with him is so limited!
The kids picked out some special birthday wishes for Grandaddy!
From Josh...


From Jillian




From Jordan

5 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Happy Birthday Bob. I remember you going to my soccer games and cheering me on. You were my Dad as well! HAPPY BDAY
Love, Andrea

Bob Haire said...

You were a great defender and always kept the ball to the outside--- cutting down the line of sight to the goal!!!! I always thought to myself "that girl, Andrea, is smart. She knows what to do and how to do it." Lots of Holiday Love xoxo Bob

EO said...

Am I crazy, or do you not STRONGLY resemble him??? Now I guess this is possible as you are his daughter :). At first, because you said Grandaddy in your post, I thought you meant YOUR grandaddy. And I was thinking, Man Debbie's grandpa looks so young! Haha.

Happy birthday to your Dad!

Penny said...

Hey Deb. Happy Birthday to your Dad. You really look like him a lot. I am just now catching up on everyone's Blog entries and have the time to comment. Love the pic of the kids. Hope to get a Christmas card from you. Love, Pen

Andrea "The H family" said...

Deb, you need to blog!