Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday

WHAT WAS I THINKING???

Thanksgiving afternoon...I sat down with the big Dallas Morning News paper and scoured the ads! There was a few things that caught my eye but nothing really screamed--- "DEBBIE you must wake up at the crack of dawn to HAVE THAT!" Well, I woke up around 6AM for my usual bathroom awakening and couldn't go back to sleep-- It was so dang COLD in my house! SO, I decided... "What the heck-go shopping!" The crowds were comical to me-- People coming out the stores with shopping carts overflowing!! I found my treasure at Target (got the last one too!) and then went off to Wally World where the chaotic cart traffic jams and unhelpful employees and all the unavailable 'doorbusters' were too frustrating!! SO what do I do??? I'm such a sucker for the $5.88 board games--I drive to yet another Wal-Mart to see if they have any left!! The answer was NO!! SO, sorry kids-- no Connect Four or Life or Clue for y'all this year! LOL
Well my Black Friday improved as the day went on!! Dave and Jilly made Pancakes for everyone!! We relaxed all afternoon and then Tisha called to say that they were going to be at the Football Stadium right by our house during the evening--- She wanted to know if her little ones could come hang out and play while they went to the game to see her niece (The Drum Major) at the game!! SO, We had 3 friends help us put up our Christmas Tree!
Lft-Rt Casie, Josh, Tasha, Katana, Jillian, Jordan
Jillian was the most excited about the Tree and hanging Ornaments!!!
This is a Jillian "Row"!
Josh was excited to see "his" ornaments again--
He commented that he wants to keep "his" 4ever!
Our 11 year old Jordan with our 14 year old Santa Face decoration!


So, Black Friday rounded out to be a great day! Josh ended up sleeping on the couch to be near the tree! Jillian and I put a nativity scene under the Tree!
So...from Crazy Shopping to placing baby Jesus under our Tree with my innocent wide-eyed 4 year old-- It was a good day!!

4 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh my gosh honey! The tree is gorgeous. It totally got me in the Christmas mood. I love Jillian row! So funny! The kids really love this. You can so tell.
The tree is gorgeous!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Just looked at your tree again and thinking what great memories your kiddo's will always have on Christmas. Your a great mommy deb, deb.

EO said...

Deb you went to Black Friday too! Sounds like you already knew what it was.

I'm doing my tree tonight, yours motivated me :). Looks like a fun time!

Penny said...

Deb: Tree is beautiful. The kids are what makes Christmas so fun. I really miss having my little ones around. Little Ones are now 37,36 and 19)Note: I gathered up all of my kids ornaments and gave them to each of them when I moved. So, now I have very few ornaments. I'll have to start over. I think
I'm going to go with the Old Christmas Carol Theme. You know Tiny Tim. Josh and I spent the day together Saturday and we went to pick out my tree. But all the trees were WET. I'm going to wait a few days for them to dry out. I put up my Nativity and Christmas Village (ALL OF IT). You guys have to come see me. Let's do that soon. Love you Deb.