Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day


Wonder why there isn't more of a 'todo' about this holiday? Seems like MLK day gets much more notoriety pomp and circumstance yet with out the good works of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln-- probly wouldn't have MLK day-- Oh well- our school district gave us the day off sorda... I mean the teachers had "inservice" while the students are off so it's really a pseudo President's Day vacation day. OH well.. Just thought I'd vent! Maybe there will be something cool on the History Channel tonight about the Presidents....

3 comments:

Penny said...

I HAD TO WORK today. We don't even get the Day off. We got MLK day off. Don't get me started. I agree with your observation. George and Abe were pretty darn important. I loved your Valentine's Day Parties. You are the Bestest Ever Room Mother!!!! I loved being Room Mother for Josh. Poor David and Aner got the shaft in that area. No room Mom for me at Hedrick Ele. YUCK.

Krista said...

Great observation on Pres. Day. Our kids had school - had to make up for snow days. I don't think we get off for MLK - no cultural diversity here in middle America to deal with. No hispanic stations either... Oh, I'm the maid to and I dream of the day that my kids can do all the housework for me!! I make the big kids put their own laundry away and keep their rooms clean.

Krista said...

check out follow up comments on andrea's blog today -