Saturday, July 14, 2007

Playing with the Ducks!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Today we went to the "Lakes of Springfield" to try out Josh's remote control boat! Because of all the rain... The water was so high that the pathway leading to the Lake was flooded!...We trudged through mid calf water with tadpoles swimming everywhere to make it to the water's edge! The sidewalk was so slippery and slimy and I was scared there was going to be snakes! When we arrived to the shoreline--finally some dryland (lol)---We were greeted by friendly ducks. Jillian was the most excited and wanted to pick them up! We fed them saltine cracker bits while Dave and Joshers launched the BOAT! It was so fun--- The Boys were trying to scare the ducks with the boat while us girls were trying to feed them. There was a mother duck with about 9 little ducklings that Dave kept terrorizing! We had a great Saturday afternoon---Thanks Uncle Charley and Aunt Susan for the awesome remote control boat! Josh LOVES it!!! (SO does Dave!)
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

7 comments:

EO said...

Deb, is that picture of the ducklings one you took?? THAT IS AN AMAZING PIC!!

The Waters Family said...

NO--I had forgot my camera so I looked "glitter graphics" for one fitting the occasion and found that cute one! I wish I was that talented at picture taking!

Lisa Allen said...

That is a GREAT picture of the ducks omg that looks professional, down to the water dropplets on their little bodies...they remind me of how vast our Lord is..how detailed He is!! I love it!!

Lisa Allen said...

oh I just read your comment back to Ericka, how funny! But I still love it and thanks for commenting on my "cuss" blog. People are so consumed with "self" issues that they rarely think of ANYTHING else. I am as guilty as the next but I try very hard not to step All over people. L.

Bob Haire said...

keeping up the tradition, huh? 'member, we used to feed the ducks too! oxoxox Dad

Andrea "The H family" said...

wow~ Your dad commented! Way to GOD BOB! Now..you gotta get my DAD to comment! LOL.
Great pic honey. I seriously thought it was professional. Freaked me out at first.
Glad ya'll had fun.
p.s. I'm still getting flack about my 'picture'. THE SHOES really did me in.

Penny said...

I use to take David and Andrea to the park to feed the ducks in Farmers Branch. One time we had McDonald's Happy Meals and the Ducks attacked Andrea for hers. She was holding it up above her head. Those Ducks were not going to get her Happy Meal and they didn't.