
below: US Airforce Recruits lining the baseball diamond

Jillian riding on Daddy!






All my life I have enjoyed celebrating July 4TH!! As a child there was always parades and fireworks and BBQ grilling! Dave and I have tried to give our children the same patriotic experiences. The past 7 years our July 4TH's haven't been a "complete" family affair as Dave was ALWAYS required to WORK---(lot's of Police calls on the 4TH LOL) Now that Dave is a Detective...He has holidays off (just like banker's hours) with the exception if something BIG were to happen then he'd be called in!! With that said...The Waters' Family had a very AMERICAN Independance Day Celebration...
We went to see the Texas Rangers vs LA Angels play!! We WON!!! 4-3 great game!
We ate cotton candy and Lemon Ice and icees and soda!!! (big smile) Lot's of Patriotic Music. Emotional pride provoking slideshows with all the National Monuments and beautiful pictures of America up on the Big Screen on the scoreboard! Before the National Anthem was sung---about 200 airforce recruits lined the baseball diamond. They were offically sworn into the Airforce right then. It was a great experience! After we sang the National Anthem.... A B-52 flew over the Stadium!!! At one point... the 7th inning...All the current and former military personnel were asked to stand!!! It was so neat as Dave (former Marine) and all the other men and women stood and everyone cheered and clapped! We ended the night watching a Wonderful Fireworks display that was synchronized to patriotic music---most people sang along to the music too... it was just a great night of feeling that "oneness" in pride and gratitude with fellow americans!! Did I mention how much I love our country and the freedoms we enjoy here! I love feeling that FEELING OF PATRIOTISM!! Many times it "chokes me up"---that feeling--Love American History and all the great founding fathers.
We had a Great FOURTH!!


5 comments:
Oh honey!!!!!! I LOVE THE PICS. Your doing so good blogging! I'm so proud of you. I love the one where Dave/kids are looking up. Now that's like being there. Love it. The kids were all dressed up. SO loved that. Looks like you had a great time. So glad it didn't rain. Love ya!
Loved your summary of the 4th of July. I just watched a re-enactment of the 1787 Continental Convention. I'm glad we are all free and we are all Americans!!!
What a Fun Independence Day at the ball park. Looks like you had a great day with Dave and kids. They will remember that day forever.
Hugs
Well you guys had a very festive 4th of July!! Mine was totally lame. I went over to a friend's place and pretended to like her, but really she is like soooooo weird. I can't say who it is but it rhymes with Pandrea. Gotta use code cuz I think she stalks your blog. Mine too.
Happy belated 4th!!
Aw your kids are so cute!! We could be tripplets!! SHH don't tell Penny!!thanks for commenting on my blog...have a good nite
Post a Comment