Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yea! Sophia!!

This year at school, Jordan made a new friend!
Sophia!
We really like her! The girls are pretty inseparable as during the 1st semester at school they had 3 class periods together including choir & the 4th class period or 'home room' so to speak!

They have celebrated their birthdays together and spent literally 100's of hours texting! LOL

Sadly, Sophia and her mom relocated to San Antonio over Christmas Break! Poor Jordan has grieved this tremendously as they really are fun friends together! The good part for Dave and I is that we love this girl- she is smart and just a good girl!

It's a Happy Day for Jordan today...Sophia and her mom are in town to obtain a few of their things for just a few hours today!

SO...they are hanging out LIVE in person-- not via email, instant messenger, or texting!
I can see this is possibly the beginning of a lifelong friendship...like unto some blessed friendships that I enjoy... :)

Gosh...seems like yesterday my little girl was toddling around & I was the center of HER world! No longer that is the case... I guess that makes me grieve a bit!

She is growing up so fast... lots of changes have already come! It's hard to adjust my mothering style from 'your my little girl!' to 'your my young woman'!

I love Jordan so much-- and seeing her light up and be so happy with her good friend Sophia today was a joy to me!

Please pray that I can be a better Mom to my babies! :)

4 comments:

Krista said...

You are a WONDERFUL mom! don't ever second guess yourself! I know it's hard watching them grow and lean more on friends than you - Justin is starting that right now and it's hard. Hang in there sister! You still have lots of years of mothering to go.

Bob Haire said...

Yeah i am sure you will be just as good a mom as yours was... maybe you won't have to call Rowlett PD and ask them to track a New Mexico license plate at 1am and tell them to tell your daughter to GET HOME!!tsk tsk.LOL Love Dad

Krista said...

I love your new blog design. Want to help me with mine?? Oh, and you need to update... It's been a while since sophia was here...

Sophia; said...

Hee hee ! I feel special!! I miss you all dearly and hope to see you guys soon! I have to help Josh with our band! LOL! and we need to watch Transformers again.. but with no interuptions! Haha.. ermm.. yesh, i was very happy to see Joey and the food!

the Radioactive Ladybug was because in math we get a stamp and i name them.. (XD) and i named this alien looking stamp a radioactive ladybug.. and i really liked the name.. haha

MUCH LOVE SENT FROM S.A.!!

-sOpHiA-