Monday, January 26, 2009

To The Opera...



Today Josh and I went to the Opera with the entire 4th grade!

This is Josh with his Football pals/fellow classmates...Brandon and Preston! They are both the coaches sons...hence Brandon is the Quarterback and Preston is the Wide Receiver! LOL

It was really cool-- It was a Shakespearean Opera about Queen Elizabeth.

Josh dozed for a spell but maybe it was because the seats were so comfy! They rocked way back!

The whole audience was just schools!

The teachers warned the kids not to "hoot and holler" as it was a classical performance and that kind of cheering was inappropriate...

The first thing Josh did was put his hands above his head and clap and "whoohoo"! LOL:)

so.. I had to give him a little elbow jab to quit and he looked at me in dismay and said..."WHAT?"

LOL -- We had a great time together today.

4 comments:

Penny said...

I am so happy that the school district supported this field trip to see "Opera." The Jocks need to get a little culture under their belts to off set the athletic locker room crazies. Josh's future girlfriend will appreciate his appreciation for the Arts, I am sure of that.

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

Looked like fun....love the new blog. Jackson has a sled that looks like a big wheel that has runners instead of wheels. A neighbor sent me the pics...I need a new camera :) Love ya

EO said...

Oh man I miss field trips! I remember loving field trip day, no matter what it was. And tomorrow I bet Josh gets to have a NO SCHOOL ICE DAY. Man I wish I was Josh this week!

Andrea "The H family" said...

My sweet baby boy! I love him! WTG JOSH FOR SAYING WHOOHOOO!