It was a nice change from the commercial bombardment of BUY BUY BUY that this season unfortunately has come to be! It made me commit to making a concerted effort to emphasize the TRUE and GLORIOUS reason for this season! not...i-pod touches :)
It is to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Merry CHRISTmas! I am grateful for this little excursion that we took on Saturday night--for all those who participated at the Saint Phillips Church-- My holidays needed UPLIFTING and REMINDING!!
We were asked to dim our lights as we entered-- it was lined with flickering Luminaries-- reminded me of when we lived in Santa Fe-- there was a giant Luminary Cross in the middle
Josh and Jill reflected on how hard that donkey ride must have been for 'great with child' Mary and Joseph. Jillian said..."Mary was big pregnant like Aunt Aner!"
Joy to the World the Lord Hath Come!
2 comments:
I loved this post. I saw a Live Nativity once and the people were so still except the donkey and the lamb. The one I saw didn't have a camel. How can you have a Nativity without a Camel? We need some drama Deb, so everyone will stalk or lurk our Blogs. Aner gets all the activity. Maybe we should have a BLOG FIGHT!!!
Big pregnant like Aunt Aner!! LOL!!!! SO FUNNY GIRL!!
Love this post as well.
So sweet. I wished I could have brought Luke and joined ya'll.
Love you sweetie..can't wait for Sat!
Post a Comment