Thursday, July 17, 2008

Work hard & dreams come true!






Jordan has been on a mission to earn money for a nintendo ds!
She has saved babysitting money and tooth fairy money but it wasn't
adding up to the $129.99 plus tax that was needed-- so, she enlisted
her siblings into the saving frenzy and the plan was to "share" the DS if they all pitched in! Josh went to 'gamestop' and sold some of his XBOX games that he could part with and made a whopping $2.50! THEN, the scheme was to do normal household chores but to have ME pay exorbitant fees to them for doing what should be your job just 'because you are a part of the family and there is work to be done!'
Here
is the POSTERS with the CHARGES :) It was so funny-- there were even
bonus jobs offered like-- you get a free load of laundry with the
Kitchen Makeover for only $5.00LOL (isn't she creative and such an up and coming little scrapbooker?)

Well- Daddy came through! He wanted to know what all
the excitement was about and what exactly Jordan was saving for... SO-
he took her to Fry's on Wed. evening to "browse"!
When they got
home--Jordan had a giant grin from ear to ear and was holding something
behind her back! SURPRISE--- Dad asked what color would you want? Then
picked it up and went to the check-out stand and told Jordan to give
him her money-- all $52.50 of it! So-- Dad is the hero for making up
the difference! Josh scolded Jordan for picking out a PINK one though
as he thought the deal was they were sharing it and they would
compromise and get a WHITE one-- I guess Jordan owes Josh $2.50 now!LOL

4 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hilarious! I love the pink color. Daddy's are such suckers for this kind of stuff. Truly a day she won't forget. So glad she got it. Tell Josh he needs to start saving for a blue one!!

EO said...

Oh my gosh, this brings back memories. I HAD TO HAVE a keyboard in the 8th grade. My best friend Kyla and I had big plans to become famous singers, and I needed a keyboard to make my music on. (Mind you I could not play the piano or read a note of music.) So the keyboard I wanted was $400. So I made a deal with my dad that I would spring clean the whole house! Which translated to dad buying me the keyboard early, and me taking a whole year to earn it back.

Years later we were robbed and the keyboard was stolen. Then insurance gave me $400!

Man that was awesome.

Krista said...

That is so funny! I love those stories!! Josh will just have to enlist Jor to help him save for his own!

Lisa Allen said...

that is so funny! She is pretty clever! Hey are you gonna start on the WW plan too?? I am excited again. I am getting up at 5:00 in the morning, it is still cool and dark out and I am going to run/walk for 15 minutes one way and 15 minutes back so 30 minutes total. I got new workout clothes and I am putting them on as soon as I get up. I will probably come home and go back to sleep. We will see. Then I am going back to WW to weigh in for the 3rd first time.Hee hee..Lisa