
OKAY-- Daisy is a cutiepie! She can be so sweet and loving and so hyper and fun! We love her...BUT-- I am about to go insane trying to house train this dog!!!! I will stay outside with her for 15 minutes or so and she won't go potty-- the MOMENT we come inside-- She runs down the hall and pees or poops!! This has got to STOP! I am going to the library with the kids Friday afternoon to get some resource guide books on the subject but any advice would be greatly appreciated! UNTIL THEN-- heaven help me!!
10 comments:
You aren't going to like this but it totally works. Crate Training. This is how we trained Buddy. The Vet told me to do it and to stay with it and not give in. Buddy was trained in two months. Some dogs train in less time. Get a book on it.
They go be the smell of where they went last so train them to a newspaper in a flat cardboard box and then take it outside and tether them near where they went before.
First off, ADORABLE picture!
I'm with Penny, crate training. You also can't let Daisy have free run of too much space unsupervised (which will be hard with the kiddos). She's small and can pee fast, so she has to be watched like a HAWK and you can't do that if she's allowed to run into other rooms.
When Brady was a pup, and I had to get ready for work or something, I blocked off just 1 hallway for him to stay in while I got ready, or else he needed to be in the crate because I couldn't watch him.
So keep the spaces SMALL, watch her as much as possible, or put her in her CRATE!
If it makes you feel any better, I remember specifically standing out in the rain w/ Brady, saying "Go potty, go potty"... and he would not go. I was out there for 10 minutes. The second we got in, he peed. So you're not alone, and it DOES get better!
OH MY GOSH DEB! I'm with Ericka..adorable picture. As far as the advice..I have to attest..aside from Buddy's freeze and pee episodes...both Buddy and Brady (e's dog) are superb pups. They pee only outside and I've been impressed with their peeing habits. Hats off to Lulu and E.
Sorry honey! Keep those small spaces and stick to it! She'll learn.
Love yoU!!
they have these things calles puppy pads or potty training pads..basically it is like a diaper for the floor you have them go on that everyday and each day move it closer and closer to the door, the day you dont put it down inside you put it down outside...and eventually they dont even look for it. It works I promise, or crate training works too. good luck honey, she iss so sweet!
Thanks for all the advice-- Our morning potty is going splendidly but we are still working on her darting into a bedroom and immediately doing her business-- We try and keep all the doors shut and that seems to help its just always remembering to close off the rooms! More on the Daisy homefront later!
DEB!! your twittering!! I'm so excited. Please twitter when you go to work and do functions. That way if I try to call you--I'll know where you are!! I LOVE IT HONEY!
Just checking in on the puppy potty training. How is it doing this week? Post another picture of Daisy. Also take a LOT OF PICTURES of Daisy as a PUP. I took a lot of Buddy but not near enough. It is so fun to look at our Puppy Pics of Buddy.
ziowuk
Silly me!!!
Post a Comment