Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

We had our "Meet the Teacher" on Friday before school started! Jillian was so thrilled to be going to "Big School"! Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Florence. We put all her supplies away and explored the room and even bought a "Spirit Sweatshirt". They wear uniforms Monday through Thursday but are allowed to wear jeans and a spirit shirt on Fridays. BUT the sweatshirts can be worn any day for warmth! It's so different then when I was a kid for sure. BUT it sure makes it easy dressing everyday! It's no fuss!
Josh was excited to find his desk and discover that his best football pal was assigned the desk right next to him. I wonder how long that seating arrangement will last?? haha He is really excited to have a man for his teacher, Mr. Hughes. He is fun but no nonsense!
Here is our Kindergartner! She was excited about her Hello Kitty backpack/bag and her pink glittery sparkly converse that her Uncle Mike and Aunt Jennie bought her!
I'm out of order here-- I haven't been blogging much lately since facebook is so easy and available for communication-- but... here is Jillian eating her breakfast! When she woke up-- she apparently dreamed that she missed school because she didn't hear Jordan's cellphone alarm clock. Dave and I laughed as she crawled into our bed as she worriedly asked.... Did I miss it?? No... she just woke up 20 minutes before the alarm clock was to sound.
Handsome Josh with his new bookbag and cool navy blue and white Vans that Uncle Mike and Aunt Jen let him choose off Zappos.com! He is a boy who likes to match his shoes to his outfits= The funny thing is... I remember my brother being just the same. Very fashion conscience.
Jordan was excited to see all her friends that she had been missing over the summer. She is getting so tall and so pretty on the inside and out.
Pretty Kindergartner!
out of order again... before we got in the car... The kids kept saying... HURRY MOM! Josh even commented... "I should have rode with Dad!" I guess he would have gotten there earlier! haha
I left Jordan at the bus stop as I drove Jill and Josh to their school. I found out after school that she has Volleyball Try-outs in the morning before school and has to be there at 7:30am-- so no more riding the bus in the morning for awhile-- Again, she loves riding it because of all her friends. She's such a social butterfly!
Josh with his huge box of school supplies on his lap! He's telling me to GO! We're going to be late! And... we actually did arrive 1 minute after 8am-- but that's okay-- it was only the first day. We won't be tardy anymore!
This was the sad part for me. I parked and fully intended to walk Jilly Bill to her classroom. She said, "Mom, I know where it it!" I tried to explain that she could guide me there but I just wanted to see her in her classroom. She begged, "Please can Josh take me!" So... I conceded and took one last pic at the car door! AND.. Then.... I was ALONE! It's been 5 and 11/12th years that I've had my little shadow companion with me. I now have an empty nest Monday through Friday 7 hours a day. It's Bitter Sweet!

The kids all had great days-- loved their experiences. Jillian danced to "Michael Jackson's Billie Jean" in Music and loved PE-- Jordan was telling me about which friends she had in which periods. AND... how she MUST not have grown-- because NOW SOME of the boys are "towering over her" haha I think the "boys are gross" phase has ended for her. And.. Josh loved his teacher-- "He is cool." and... he also explained that "he's the type of teacher that if someone is talking then he gets right in there and puts a stop to it!" I then asked-- Were you talking? To which he replied-- NO! haha
Good times-- Good Memories! I wish these days would last forever! I LOVE MY CHILDREN! They bless my life everyday. It is my privledge to be their mother.

5 comments:

Camily said...

I love this, Deb. You made me cry at the end! Your children are God's perfect gift, inside and out! Just like you!

Bob Haire said...

Thanks for stepping us through your back to school day. You really did a touching job of saying how you feel and took some great pictures. Your children will know how to make good friends just like you did your little 6 yr old shadow friend will remember all those days deep inside her heart and will keep her own little ones the way you did, close to her heart. Lots of Love xoxoxoxoDad

Bob Haire said...

Dear Debbie I love the pictures of the kids....it was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us that special day! I thought about all my grandkids and wanted to be there on their first day of school. Love Grandma Jan.

Krista said...

Oh, I love it! What a wonderful post. I can hear your voice as I read the words.

Despain said...

I love 1st days of school. What do you do with all your time now Debbie?? :) Your kids are just so cute. It would be great if we ever get the chance to meet up again & catch up on all these years that have passed!